Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Feelings ... nothing more than ... Feelings

It's been a long time since I've written a "hey, that's a coincidence!" post, so here, this will slake your thirst.

Did you know there are movies coming out in 2023 called You Hurt My Feelings and No Hard Feelings?

Granted I am probably stealing material from myself for my year-end portmanteaus post, but I'm sure I'll think of something else to talk about at that point.

I had been aware of the former, which is Nicole Holofcener's latest and stars regular Holofcener collaborator Julia Louis-Dreyfus. (Well, they've collaborated one other time, at least.) Amber Tamblyn, Tobias Menzies and David Cross fill out the cast. That one hits theaters, in the U.S. anyway, on May 26th.

Only four weeks later on June 23rd, it's No Hard Feelings, which I only just learned about this past weekend. That stars Jennifer Lawrence, with Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Natalie Morales and Matthew Broderick co-starring. It's directed by Gene Stupnitsky, who directed 2019's Good Boys, which I really liked.

But Vance, you say. I'm sure there are multiple movies that come out every year with the word "feelings" in them.

Not quite. In fact, if you want to know how many other movies I have seen -- out of 6,375 total -- with the word "feelings" in the title, the answer is: zero.

IMDB does produce a smattering of other results when you search the word "feelings," including a couple other movies with each of these titles, but not a one of the results had I ever heard of before now.

In a couple months I'll be able to see if either of them gives me the feels. 

No comments: