Thursday, October 19, 2023

Surely the most representative image from Expend4bles

Reminder #7,681 that sex sells. 

When I post my reviews on ReelGood, there's always a master image that goes on the front page, and advertises the review to anyone scrolling through the site. In my view this should be the most representative image of the film I can find. You know, if I were reviewing Forrest Gump, it would be Tom Hanks on the park bench. That sort of thing.

The people who desperately try to sell tickets to their movies so their whole chain doesn't go under have a different agenda.

I mean, in the shameless field of movie advertising, there's accentuating an attractive woman in your movie who is one of the movie's main characters, and then there's just throwing flesh out there for flesh's sake.

I can't actually tell who this is a picture of, other than Jason Statham, but I looked on IMDB, and I don't think it's Megan Fox. It might be Levy Tran, but her hair appears to be blonde in the movie. And she's the 11th listed in the cast.

Okay in looking at other pictures, I guess it is Megan Fox. I guess she still has some remaining bits of sex appeal.

But the point is, is a picture of her in mid-ecstasy with Jason Statham really what you want people to believe they'll be getting if they go to this movie?

And in these desperate times, does that even matter anymore?

Expend4bles needed to figure out how to put Barbie, Ken or Robert Oppenheimer in the ensemble and they'd've been fine. 

No comments: