Sunday, May 25, 2014

I still don't much care for The Big Lebowski ...


... as discussed here ...

... but I apparently really like Lebowski-themed t-shirts.

I regularly get emails from, and used to regularly buy t-shirts from, Threadless.com, a website where artists submit designs and fans vote on whether they should get made into t-shirts. If an individual design gets enough votes, it could be in your closet a couple weeks later.

Threadless recently held a contest to create the perfect t-shirt accompaniment to one of the most beloved cult movies out there, The Big Lebowski. It doesn't happen to be beloved by me, but I have kept the April 21st email flagged for follow-up in anticipation of writing this post to show you just how great the design finalists were. This shows me that I like the idea of The Big Lebowski, if not so much its reality.

Anyway, here are some of those shirts, just so you can see what I'm talking about.




If you're as ardent a Lebowski supporter as most people seem to be, you could tell me that I should use this recognition of a renewed affection as an excuse to go back and rediscover its charms. Thing is, the post I linked to in the first line was my attempt to develop stronger feelings for the movie, and it failed.

So, abstract appreciation it is.

No comments: