Wednesday, November 23, 2022

I guess I'm up to speed after all

After despairing on the weekend about falling hopelessly behind on 2022 movies, I came in to work yesterday and saw this appearing on the marquee for Cinema Kino.

Having seen The Wonder last Thursday night on Netflix and She Said Monday night at the Sun in Yarraville, I have now seen all of these movies.

I can't remember the last time I looked at a marquee and had seen everything that was playing there. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two titles that might play one time a day, meaning they don't really earn the marquee real estate. But all the movies they saw fit to showcase -- which are the movies I'm most interested in ticking off my list anyway -- are now in the "done" column for me.

As for She Said, I really liked it. I went in having heard some complaints about how the story was what you would expect, in a way that suggested it was ordinarily or unimaginatively executed, but that the performances were good. Well, I think the whole thing was good. 

You can check out my review here

No comments: