Thursday, August 6, 2015

Inside Inside Out


It feels good to be back.

It's been four long years -- almost to the day -- since I last heard my own voice emanating from a podcast. On August 10th, 2011, I recorded my second (and final) guest appearance on what was then the official podcast of Flickchart, called Flick Fights. The guys who ran the podcast also lived in my city, so I guested once, and guest-hosted once when one of those guys was out of town. But they only recorded a few more episodes of the podcast before their lives became too busy to continue it.

And let's just say I like the sound of my own voice. I'll admit it. I've probably listened to each of those podcasts a half dozen times, just because it's one of those things that reminds you that you do really do the thing you tell everybody you do. It was one of those things that reminded me that even when I'm not getting many other reinforcements of this fact, I am still a critic.

Well, I'm being reminded of that fact more than ever these days, as I talked about here and here. Part of my increasing responsibilities with ReelGood, the awesome Australian film website (www.reelgood.com.au), is that I am now a proud member of the ReelGood podcasting team. Their previous trio was turned into a duo when one of the guys moved to Turkey, and as luck would have it, this was also when I started getting to know the ReelGood founder and chief thing-doer better than I had before. Out at drinks one night he proposed that I join the crew, and we recorded our first 'cast this past Sunday night.

I think it went well, but you can judge that for yourself:

http://www.reelgood.com.au/the-reelgood-podcast-inside-out/

I'm the one they refer to as "Derek."

Hope you enjoy. We'll be doing one on Trainwreck two Sundays from now, then one more before the end of August, when the chief thing-doer goes on holiday to New Zealand for two months.

Anyway, it's good to hear myself again.

No comments: