Sunday, December 15, 2013

If video stores go away permanently ...

... things like this will be the casualty:



Yes, that would be the cover for 50 First Dates, which I am regrettably watching for a series on another blog (I say "regrettably" with certainty because I am already halfway through), rented from nearby Video Ezy in Flemington.

I don't know the circumstances of them losing the original cover for 50 First Dates, but I find this an hilariously lazy way of making up for it. Would it have been so difficult to print out even a black and white image of the poster art from the web?

Yet in a way there's also something charming about it, something that reminds you that video stores are small communities run by real people, sharing products that degrade over time, and just trying to make the best out of the system.

If only 50 First Dates were so charming.

No comments: