Saturday, December 22, 2018

Stars are just like us

I don't tweet, but I do get regular email notifications that keep me up to date on the tweets of people Twitter thinks I'm interested in, even if I don't actually follow them. It's some algorithm.

And so it was that I just saw this awesome picture. (Which will qualify as the first of a couple attempts to inject the holiday season into my blog, as well as giving me something quick to write about on a Saturday morning when I still have a lot to do.)

It was tweeted out by Ryan Reynolds with the caption: "These assholes told me it was a sweater party."

Awesome.

If you can't tell, that's Hugh Jackman on the left. Jake Gyllenhaal is easier to recognize.

If I was active on Twitter, photos like this would be par for the course. But since I'm not they strike me as comment worthy.

And the comment is that when you and I have Christmas parties, we invite our friends. So do Ryan, Hugh and Jake, except they have friends like Ryan, Hugh and Jake.

If these are just three of maybe three dozen people at the party, you can just imagine who else is there. Maybe Chris Hemsworth is the one holding the camera. Is he friends with these guys? Could be.

It's also interesting to learn who has connections to each other. I knew about Reynolds and Jackman since they have this joke rivalry over the Deadpool and Wolverine characters, but I wouldn't have necessarily matched Gyllenhaal to either of them, even though Gyllenhaal has his own superhero credentials as the villain Mysterio in Marvel's next Spider-Man movie.

But what I love most is that they punked Ryan Reynolds into wearing a classic ugly holiday sweater ... when no one else at the party was planning to do so. Yeah, this could be staged, but it probably isn't. Maybe it's actually George Clooney holding the camera. That's a Clooney thing to do.

I hope you are enjoying your Christmas parties and smiling in the face of any pranks delivered your way.

No comments: