Thursday, September 14, 2023

A long wait for The Dry 2

I'm going to be in Broome in Western Australia next week on vacation. Naturally, I did some advanced scouting of the movie theater there. (It's pretty small so I assume there's only one.)

I was hoping The Blue Beetle, which opens today, might be playing, because that's something I can see with the kids. But it doesn't look like it at this particular theater.

Just to be sure, I checked out the coming soon movies, and followed it to the end of the listings, which is where I found something really funny.

Now, Force of Nature: The Dry 2 was supposed to already be out. But cascading consequences of the writer's strike -- something I need to write about at some point -- has pushed forward the release date.

But I didn't think it would be pushing it out this far:


In case you're having trouble reading that, I thought I would blow it up for you:


I think they might have gotten the release year of The Dry 2 confused with the year in which its neighbor, Dune 2, takes place. 

No comments: