Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Starting and ending on tarot cards

I wouldn't have guessed that my month of watching horror comedies would be flanked by tarot cards, but here we are.

The opening moments of The People Under the Stairs included tarot cards, and so did the closing moments of The Love Witch. The main character in the former is nicknamed "Fool" after a tarot card, and the title character of the latter fulfills the destiny laid out for her in the cards at the end of that movie.

The Love Witch isn't really a horror movie, nor is it really a comedy, though I suppose it is funny in spots. I'd been wanting to catch it since it came out, and after not finding it on my other streaming services most of this month, I finally realized it was on Kanopy. On Monday night, I wrapped my horror comedy viewings with it. 

I'd probably tell you more about it but it's about ten minutes to midnight on Halloween, and I still want to post this with an October 31st posting date.

So, the only observation you get today is the thing about the tarot cards.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: