Thursday, February 15, 2024

My favorite title of 2024

I know it's only six weeks into 2024 and I know I will be presented with a lot more titles before the end of the year.

But can anything beat this one for its combination of humor and a probable description of what the film is about?

Without looking at a plot synopsis, I can imagine that Humanist Vampire Seeking Consenting Suicidal Person features a main character, a vampire, who doesn't want to murder to drink the blood she needs to survive, so is looking to hook up with potential candidates for an assisted suicide.

Given that the film is French, it may not be that straightforward, but it will surely use this at least as a jumping off point.

I'm imagining that the main character ends up developing a relationship, romantic or otherwise, with the person who responds to the ad, actual or otherwise. Which of course makes the suicidal person want to live, maybe, creating problems in the relationship.

Or, perhaps the idea is explored that if a vampire drinks your blood, you don't actually die but become a vampire -- a vampire who is just as depressed as when they were still a person. Which also complicates the whole situation. 

In any case, I want to see it. Great titles are a rarer breed than you would think. 

No comments: